
I stopped at my favorite thrift store yesterday, on a whim. I don't have tons of money.. And now as I await the pending verdict of my beloved Jeep! I will have even less money. But I stop in to see if there was anything I could fine.
I really take pride in finding things at the thrift store. Its an art form really.. I love finding things people would normally spend a ton of money on, but I get for one or two dollars. Plus nowadays I can take a little pride in the recycle theory!
So you can imagine my delight when I found two pairs of stride rite shoes for Liv. I saw them on the rack, I figured that they would be to small and that I would not have "that kind of luck," but sure enough they were Liv's size! I did feel lucky, fortunate, excited, at the thrift store. Also relieved that the image conscience side of me, the ugly diva herself would be satisfied.
I am image conscience.. It's a beast I try to conquer, but fail miserably with! I worry for Liv and have the constant fear that my mood or stress about "the new momism," will effect her. I worry that she will be judged for my faults. I band aid that feeling whenever I can, and its usually something "in," for Liv. This time name brand name stride rite shoes did the trick..
I don't like the need for things. It drives me crazy and I don't want Liv to think that its the best way either. I want to be happy with what I have. I am thankful for my blessings and do acknowledge my surroundings and how good I have it! However there is the constant worry for more! The need to feel like I don't have to want for anything. One day hopefully it will be just a shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment