Monday, April 6, 2009

The Vegetarian Dilema..


My tofu strir-fry..first attempt with couscous..

Veggie Gumbo!
My Mexican lasagna! Personal fav!


So some of you know how much I've been struggling with my health. I was diagnosed with an ulcer several months ago and been on a downward spiral of health concerns and dieting woos.. My holistic doctor recommended the Body Ecology diet, which yes worked..but as always results weaned off- I lost interest. I always loose interest and go back into the same ol' pitfalls.

Knowing that, I started slowly processing and studying the concepts of becoming vegetarian. I read some good books and tried some recipes and found that the lifestyle was a little more comfortable than I originally thought.. I decided to take it slow and not get mad at myself for cheating..

Well I made my family the guinea pigs and some dinners attempted, have come with mixed reviews, but I think I've worked out some of the kinks..and maybe on the road to greatness! I am getting more and more intrigued with trying to find alternatives to family favorites and using ingredients that I wouldn't normally use...ya know because the main ingredient was usually chicken, beef etc..

I don't plan on being full blown vegetarian. I don't like how people automatically assume by saying I'm goin vegetarian- I am a difficult eater (which those who know me, know that is soo not the case!) And tell me about different recipes, but then say things like, "oh but it has chicken in it.." whateve? How about substituting the chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment