Monday, June 1, 2009

Whole Foods Vegan Sugar Cookies..

Liv and I attended a vegan cookie baking class at Whole Foods on Sunday. I thought it would be fun to do with Liv, plus I was hoping to learn some new vegan tricks to test out on the trio! It was a blast! I loved how everything was laid out for us, organized and without having to do the dishes! We made our dough to take home, but also were given three ready made cookies to decorate and eat on site! Liv wasn't at her best..She felt the need to stick her finger in someone else's frosting..which of course was the frosting of some elitist bitch..but that's a whole other story!
It was a pleasant after noon and even better to have already made vegan dough! Liv was thrilled to be able to eat the dough and couldn't wait to make the cookies.. Well actually I was excited to make the cookies-she would've been happy just eating the dough.
Today we made our cookies, with a vegan frosting recipe I got off the internet. I for some reason prone to frosting difficulties and my frostings seem to come out soupy.. I often call in the reinforcements ie my mother to make my frosting for me, especially if I'm presenting my baked goods to the public. So again my frosting needed a lot of improvement, but it was edible and the vegan cookies turned out fine.
I do love vegan baking, and its definitely a triumph that I conquered!

No comments:

Post a Comment